Saturday, March 12, 2011

Letter to Stefan G. Bucher

Dear Stefan Bucher,

This week I saw your presentation from the AIGA 2009 conference make/think. I found it interesting how you rated yourself closer to the think side but that you would prefer to be on the make side of the rainbow.  I guess we always want what we don’t have. I find that I go back and forth between the two sides depending on the project. Sometimes I just want to jump into a project, which causes it’s own problems. This can be problematic because it is important to have the ideas behind what you are creating or it will not communicate the proper message to it’s target. Sometimes I take a similar approach to you and let that instinct take over and tire it out then come back and think about why I’ve done the piece that way and if it says the right things. Sometimes it’s an interesting way to see what presumptions you have about a particular subject. Then you can see which elements work or which you would like to take a different approach to. Other times though I am closer to the think side of the spectrum and I make word charts, mood boards, ask questions, and try to get as much thinking in as I can before choosing a direction. Both sides have their positive and negative attributes; neither is better or worse just different.

Thank you for the inspiration,

Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment